qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: python client new api: declaring and binding
Date Fri, 11 Dec 2009 17:20:03 GMT
On 12/11/2009 04:03 PM, Jason Pellerin wrote:
> On Friday 11 December 2009 06:52:05 Gordon Sim wrote:
>> On 12/09/2009 09:25 PM, Jason Pellerin wrote:
>>> I'd like to try out the new api (qpid.messaging) but I'm hung up on
>>> declaring and binding queues and exchanges. There doesn't seem to be a
>>> way, as far as I can tell, to do the equivalent of:
>>>
>>> session.queue_declare(queue=queue, ...)
>>> session.exchange_declare(exchange=exchange,
>>>                                           type=exchange_type,
>>>                                           ...)
>>> session.exchange_bind(queue=queue, exchange=exchange,
>>>                                       routing_key=routing_key)
>
>> If you want to create the exchange if it doesn't exist you can use
>> 'my-exchange/my-routing-key; {create: always}'.
>
> I think I asked my question poorly, sorry. I see how to make a receiver create
> an exchange, but I don't see how to set the exchange type when doing that.

Sorry, that should have been (for e.g. a direct exchange):

'my-exchange/my-routing-key; {create: always,
node-properties:{type:topic, x-properties: {type: direct}} }'

> And on a more high level, I'm wondering why the receiver/sender target
> specification works by parsing arguments and pseudo-dicts out of a string
> instead of something like:
>
> r = session.receiver(exchange=e, routing_key=k, create='always')
>
> ...which to me at least is more clear.
>
>   Thanks,
>
> JP
>
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE
> The document(s) accompanying this e-mail transmission, if any, and the e-mail transmittal
message containing information from Leapfrog Online Customer Acquisition, LLC is confidential
or privileged. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or entity(ies)
named on this e-mail transmission message. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware
that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this e-mail is prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately delete this e-mail and notify
us by telephone of the error.