qpid-users mailing list archives

From Jonathan Robie <jonathan.ro...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: PHP bindings for qpid
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2009 15:49:59 GMT
On 12/10/2009 10:39 AM, Michael DeHaan wrote:
> I'm curious if anyone has any existing/working PHP bindings for qpid?

I am not aware of one.

> I have found http://code.google.com/p/php-amqplib/ which works
> sufficiently well with RabbitMQ, though apparently it does not play
> work (so I'm told) with qpid.
> Perhaps minor differences in implementation of the protocol are at
> issue?  (Or, if someone has had success here, can you share?)

This involves the version of AMQP that has been implemented. Take a look
at the version support here:

http://qpid.apache.org/amqp-compatibility.html

The broker that is implemented in C++ supports AMQP 0-10. The broker
that is implemented in Java supports AMQP 0-8, 0-9, and now 0-10 I believe.

RabbitMQ supports AMQP 0-8, an older version of the protocol.

> I'm well aware of the existing Ruby/Python/C bindings which work
> great... and am hoping I don't have to develop my own for the PHP
> side, on top of the C client
> libraries.

The libraries are actually C++ client libraries, we don't have a pure C
library.

Jonathan

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org