qpid-users mailing list archives

From Jason Pellerin <jpelle...@leapfrogonline.com>
Subject python client new api: declaring and binding
Date Wed, 09 Dec 2009 21:25:58 GMT
I'd like to try out the new api (qpid.messaging) but I'm hung up on declaring
and binding queues and exchanges. There doesn't seem to be a way, as far as I
can tell, to do the equivalent of:

session.queue_declare(queue=queue, ...)
session.exchange_declare(exchange=exchange,
                                        type=exchange_type,
                                        ...)
session.exchange_bind(queue=queue, exchange=exchange,
                                    routing_key=routing_key)

I've tried various arguments to messaging.Connection().session().receiver()
but as far as I can tell from the target address parsing and option use in
qpid.driver, there's no way to say "I want to receive on queue Q on exchange E
(and here's my routing key)."

I see that qpid.brokertest is working around this by opening two connections,
but that's not a very appealing solution, at least for my web-app-centric
world.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Jason Pellerin

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE
The document(s) accompanying this e-mail transmission, if any, and the e-mail transmittal
message containing information from Leapfrog Online Customer Acquisition, LLC is confidential
or privileged. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or entity(ies)
named on this e-mail transmission message. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware
that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this e-mail is prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately delete this e-mail and notify
us by telephone of the error.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org