qpid-users mailing list archives

From Acácio Centeno <acacio.cent...@terra.com.br>
Subject Behaviour when there're elements on the queue before instantiating the consumers
Date Mon, 14 Dec 2009 11:37:16 GMT
Hi,

                We’re using QPid 0.5 and found a peculiar behaviour. We’re
wondering why that’s happening.

                When the queue has elements, say 100, and we instantiate N
consumers, say 5, only the first one receives those elements on the queue.
Should we send new elements, they will be distributed among all the
consumers, but the “old ones” will be delivered only to the first consumer
(which we called internally “the hero” as it gets pretty stressed trying to
come up with the backlog).

                Is this a bug, a known issue or not an issue at all but a
required behavior? If it’s a bug, is it fixed on the 0.6 release?

Thanks,

Acácio.