qpid-users mailing list archives

From Marnie McCormack <marnie.mccorm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Performance troubles with qpid and mule
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2009 10:34:23 GMT
Hi Henry,

Mule is pretty unhelpful in the way that it handles publication - in that it
creates a connection (a session, a producer) for each send()and discards it
- starting again for the next message. So it's pretty slow. I'm not so sure
why consumption would be slow though - for transient messages you should be
getting performance from Qpid orders of magnitude better.

I know some other users of Mule with Qpid so I'll go and find out how they
got performance to be better and come back to you shortly. Could be
transaction related ?

As an aside, Mule can introduce challenges from a dev perspective i.e. the
use of Object messages etc. It possibly does always make things slower (and
harder to tune), but I guess the trade off is config/flexibility.

Regards,
Marnie