qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Steve Huston" <shus...@riverace.com>
Subject RE: Implementation Recommendation
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2009 17:15:33 GMT
Hi Glen,

> Hi Qpid Users,
> I am in the process of converting a larg'ish app from another
> messaging
> system to qpid.  We have around 100 message topics with
> varying names.  All
> topics are pub/sub.  There are many processes that will
> register for the
> specific topics they want to listen to, and have a single thread for
> receiving messages from the topics.

Ok.

> The prototype we have now uses a single
> wildcard so every client receives all message and the client
> filters the
> topics which is fine for our prototype but degrades
> exponentially since each
> client receives every message.

Right.

> Is there a way for a client to register for a specific list of
> "unwildcarded" topics and have a single thread to listen for
> messages on those topics?

Yes. Probably a number of ways. You could first look at each client
creating a queue and binding the exchange(s) to the queue using the
topics/routing keys desired. Then only the desired messages go to the
queue.

-Steve

--
Steve Huston, Riverace Corporation
Total Lifecycle Support for Your Networked Applications

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org