qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Steve Huston" <shus...@riverace.com>
Subject RE: C++ broker setup help
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2009 22:24:12 GMT
Hi Wielly,

> Wielly wrote:
> > Dear Developers,
> >
> > I am writing to enquiry information regarding how to setup
> C++ broker under
> > windows environment. I am looking for a contact person who
> can help me on
> > giving me some guidance regarding this matter. I will
> highly appreciate for
> > your help.

The users list is the place to ask. There are a number of people
familiar with Qpid on Windows here.

> > I have downloaded windows installer /0.5-windows/qpidc-0.5.msi
from
> > http://qpid.apache.org/download.html.
> >
> > My OS is Windows XP. After I install the software, the
> following folders
> > were created for me.
> >

> > C:\Program Files\Apache\qpidc-0.5:
> >

> > \bin
> > \docs
> > \examples
> > \include
> > \srcdist
> >

> > For my current project, I need to do 2 features:
> Persistence storage and
> > SSL.

Neither of those features are available for Windows in Qpid 0.5.

Persistence will be in 0.6. There's a chance that SSL for the Qpid
client will be in 0.6 but that's very uncertain.

If you want to try the persistence that will be in 0.6, you will need
to check out the current source from Qpid's svn repository, install
cmake, python, and ruby, as well as Visual Studio 2008. For
persistence you will need Microsoft SQL Express or SQL Server. Be
aware there are still some known bugs in the persistence code that are
being actively worked for 0.6.

Best regards,
-Steve

--
Steve Huston, Riverace Corporation
Total Lifecycle Support for Your Networked Applications

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org