qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Robbie Gemmell" <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: can't list in java cli
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2009 22:09:31 GMT
Ok, I have narrowed down the cause of the exception you are seeing.

The problem in this case seems to be that you have used a user account which
is valid, but does not have any management access rights. As a result, the
CLI managed to establish a JMXConnector to the server, but as soon as you
actually try to do something with it you get the SecurityException as you
don't have permissions to invoke any operations.

You need to edit the etc/jmxremote.access file in the broker configuration
to give the user rights. It is of the format username=rights where rights
can be either readonly, readwrite, or admin. Readonly allows all
non-modifying actions, readwrite also allows modifying actions, and admin is
the same but with access to additional management mbeans (though as far as I
know the CLI cant acually do anything that would require admin - in 0.5 this
controls access rights to the ConfigurationManagement, UserManagement and
LoggingManagement MBeans)

Once that is done the CLI should be able to do stuff, though as ive noted it
has its issues (eg https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-1878)

Robbie