qpid-users mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: federation qpid
Date Wed, 25 Nov 2009 14:05:41 GMT
Cullen Davis wrote:
> Leticia,
>
> We are using the federation feature to provide our application with "exchange extensibility"
(my term).  Instead of federating for capacity scaling, we our federating for content scaling.
 Our application is completely self-sufficient and deployed to multiple sites.  We do not
have any transactional constraints on our solution but there are times when two application
installations will need to share information (and act independently on the messages).  Dynamic
Exchange Federation gives us the ability to to join the two broker's at the exchange and propagate
message traffic.  The fact that the federation can be directional gives us even more flexibility.
 This provides us for the ability to grow or shrink message visibility in a way that directly
maps to the customers data domains.

Cullen

This is a nice use case, if you want to write it, we could add it to the
wiki as I think it would be helpful to many users.

Carl.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org