qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Windows client receives messages - but queue not decrementing
Date Mon, 02 Nov 2009 11:07:33 GMT
On 10/31/2009 01:26 PM, lroloson wrote:

> I ran short test today with the broker log set to debug+, I queued 10
> messages in direct persistent queue (the aet_q) and used the windows client
> to get them. Same results as before, messages were delivered - but qpid-tool
> still shows them in the queue. I shutdown the broker and saved the log as
> qpidd.log.windows.
>
> I restarted the broker, and a the linux client, got the 10 messages and
> verified they were dequeued using the qpid-tool. I saved the broker log
> again as qpidd.log.linux. The two log files are in a single tar file here;
> http://files.me.com/lroloson/q1gkvs
>
> The code that I am running is essentially the direct listener code, with the
> IP and the queue name changed. Compiles in both windows and linux. But only
> the linux client appears to be working as expected.

The windows client is sending a TxSelect, making the session
transactional. Thus any accepts will not actually dequeue until the
transaction is committed. As the session is ended without a commit, the
transaction including all the accepts, is rolled back and the messages
are never dequeued.

Do you have an explicit call to txSelect() on the session for the
windows case? I can't think how else that could get sent.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org