qpid-users mailing list archives

From Ignacio Ybarra <ignacio_yba...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Last Value Queue LVQ using dotnet API / last value cache
Date Tue, 27 Oct 2009 01:56:32 GMT

Ok - third time. Let's hope the email content works on "rich text"...

Tried the following with no success:

session.attachMessageListener(this, "myDest");
session.messageSubscribe("q1", "myDest", MessageAcceptMode.EXPLICIT, MessageAcquireMode.NOT_ACQUIRED,
null, 0, null);

Am I missing something like this?

//session.messageSetFlowMode("myDest",MessageFlowMode.WINDOW);
//session.messageFlow("myDest", MessageCreditUnit.BYTE,ClientSession.MESSAGE_FLOW_MAX_BYTES);
//session.sync();

The following works, but I can't set MessageAcquireMode.NOT_ACQUIRED using these methods:

session.attachMessageListener(this,"q1");
session.messageSubscribe("q1");

(Both snippets above are followed by: while (true) { Console.WriteLine("sleeping");Thread.Sleep(1000);}
)

> From: jbird@microsoft.com
> To: users@qpid.apache.org
> Subject: RE: Last Value Queue LVQ using dotnet API / last value cache
> Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 01:25:31 +0000
>
> I just had to figure this out myself. MessageAcquireMode.PRE_ACQUIRED is exactly what
you DON'T want, because acquiring a message removes it from the queue. NOT_ACQUIRED will leave
it in the queue.

of it works great -- apart from consuming messages without taking them from the queue (peek).

> Basically I want the consumer/listener to receive by not remove the msg from the lvq,
i.e. the setup to work as a last value cache.

> Since I couldn't find parameters/methods to set this up using the interface, I have taken
the steps below.

> The setup part of my code looks like this:
>
> session.exchangeDeclare("ig.direct", "direct", null, null, new Option[] { Option.DURABLE
});
> session.queueDeclare("q1",null,new Dictionary<string,object>(){{"qpid.last_value_queue",1}},
new Option[] { Option.DURABLE });