qpid-users mailing list archives

From Martin Ritchie <ritch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Persistant Publish Subscribe mechanism in Qpid
Date Tue, 13 Oct 2009 08:28:54 GMT
2009/10/10 Robert Greig <robert.j.greig@gmail.com>:
> 2009/10/10 Yogesh Rao <yogu13@gmail.com>:
>
>> I need to know if a persistent publish subscribe mechanism is
>> available / possible in Qpid using java and if yes how can i do it ???
>
> Yes, this is a standard feature of JMS and Qpid is fully JMS compliant.
>
>> It would be great if you direct me to a appropriate link

There is some detail in our FAQ but I've updated our lt to include
links to the Derby Message Store for providing Apache Licensed
persistence and is bundled with the recent releases. The only cavet is
that it has not had as much reported testing.

In summary you just need to ensure you use the DerbyMessageStore
class, as below:
        <virtualhost>
            <name>development</name>
            <development>
                <store>

<class>org.apache.qpid.server.store.DerbyMessageStore</class>

<environment-path>${work}/derbystore/development-store</environment-path>
                </store>
            </development>
        </virtualhost>

Hope that helps

Martin
> Take a look at section 5.2.1 on this page:
>
> http://java.sun.com/products/jms/tutorial/1_3_1-fcs/doc/advanced.html
>
> Robert

> Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Martin Ritchie