qpid-users mailing list archives

From "H. Charles Tang" <hctang_2...@yahoo.com>
Subject looping of qpid routes
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2009 03:01:54 GMT
Have created 2 static routes as follows between our 2 qpid daemons housed on two linux hosts
respectively:
qpid-route route add host1:5000 host2:5000 amq.topic topic.foo
qpid-route route add host2:5000 host1:5000 amq.topic topic.foo

Does this create an infinite loop for a message between 2 qpids?
Our experiment confirmed the looping scenario.

Then how does one create a bi-directional route? or how do we
interpret the following in the qpid documentation:
"Routes are unidirectional. A single route provides for the flow of messages in one direction
across a link. If bidirectional connectivity is required (and it almost always is), then a
pair of routes must be created, one for each direction of message flow."

Finally does qpid (daemon) do loop detection/handling?

Thanks.
Charles

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org