qpid-users mailing list archives

From Yogesh Rao <yog...@gmail.com>
Subject Issue connecting to Qpid Broker
Date Sun, 11 Oct 2009 17:30:00 GMT
Hi,

I am facing an unusual problem when i try to connect to qpid from within
Log4j. Let me give a overview of what i am trying to do here ... I am
creating my own JMS appender implementation (for some specific reason) and
trying to send the logging message over JMS. This is based on publish
subscribe. I have written sample pub / sub code and it works very well with
qpid. I am trying to move that into JMSAppender and it seems to be throwing
a timeout exception when it tries to createTopicConnection ...

Below is the code which i have written ...

public class JMSAppender extends AppenderSkeleton {

       public void activateOptions() {

try {

Properties env = new Properties( );
env.load(new FileInputStream("d:/qpid-config.properties"));
Context jndi = new InitialContext(env);
TopicConnectionFactory topicConnectionFactory = (TopicConnectionFactory)
lookup(jndi, "qpidConnectionFactory");
Topic topic = (Topic) lookup(jndi, "logTopic");
if (userName != null) {

topicConnection = topicConnectionFactory.createTopicConnection(userName,
password);

} else {
         * // here is the problem *
          *topicConnection = topicConnectionFactory.createTopicConnection();
*
}
topicSession =
topicConnection.createTopicSession(false,Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);
topicPublisher = topicSession.createPublisher(topic);
topicConnection.start();
jndi.close();

} catch (Exception e) {

e.printStackTrace();

}

}

Below is the exception trace that i get ....

javax.jms.JMSException: Error creating connection: Timeout waiting for
connection.
at
org.apache.qpid.client.AMQConnectionFactory.createConnection(AMQConnectionFactory.java:325)
at
org.apache.qpid.client.AMQConnectionFactory.createConnection(AMQConnectionFactory.java:296)
at
org.apache.qpid.client.AMQConnectionFactory.createTopicConnection(AMQConnectionFactory.java:348)
at sample.logging.JMSAppender.activateOptions(JMSAppender.java:62)
at org.apache.log4j.config.PropertySetter.activate(PropertySetter.java:257)
at
org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.parseAppender(DOMConfigurator.java:285)
at
org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.findAppenderByName(DOMConfigurator.java:171)
at
org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.findAppenderByReference(DOMConfigurator.java:184)

Do let me know how can i fix the issue... looking at the code i don't see
any problem, strangely this only happens when log4j is trying to connect to
qpid using the appender... could that be a problem ? Please advice...

Thank you in advance ...