qpid-users mailing list archives

From Ted Ross <tr...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: using qmf console API get Queue info data speed much time? latency > 4 s
Date Tue, 13 Oct 2009 22:01:33 GMT
xinfang wrote:
> Now the client can using QMF/Csonole class to get Queue info data .such as
> MsgEnqueuesCount,msgDequeuesCount form broker server. but the latency is
> very slow.
>
> each request will be create connection, session and queue.  and Listener the
> message from broker. when get my queue data i will be callback return and
> close it.
>
> i'm not sure how to enhance the latency , we prefer the latency is less <1s
> .
>
> if qmf console cann't do that. do i need to go to implement to QMF Agent ?
> does it should be faster?
>
> Thanks
Once you attach a QMF session to the broker, you may make as many
requests as you like on that session.  There is no need to close and
re-open for each request.  Once the session is open, a getObjects call
can run quite quickly.  On my IBM Thinkpad, running client and broker on
the same system, I see request latencies below 100 milliseconds.

-Ted

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org