qpid-users mailing list archives

From Ted Ross <tr...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: dynamic expand schema
Date Mon, 12 Oct 2009 17:31:15 GMT
If you look at the python agent test in
"qpid/cpp/bindings/qmf/tests/python_agent.py", you will see that the
schema is built up programatically.  You can add new elements to the
schema as you go along.  If you always add content (don't delete or
rename), you can minimize the disruption experienced by your console code.

QMF will handle multiple different definitions for the same schema
classes (it creates a "class-key" that consists of package name, class
name, and a hash (MD5) of the schema).  This ensures that a console that
is working with both versions will not misinterpret the data.

-Ted