qpid-users mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: best way to chain queues?
Date Fri, 02 Oct 2009 14:10:32 GMT
On 10/01/2009 11:08 AM, mARK bLOORE wrote:
> I am processing data through several scripts, passing it between them
> via AMQP.  Each script publishes to its own exchange, and the next
> picks it up from a single queue bound to that exchange.  I am using
> fanout exchanges, as I gather they are fastest and my needs are
> simple.
>
> An alternative would be to use a single direct exchange, and bind the
> queues with different routing keys.  What are the pros and cons of
> this?  Is there anything else I could or should do?

If you want to send messages directly to queues, the simplest solution is to use
the "default exchange" defined by the AMQP standard. This exchange is used if
you specify the empty string as the exchange name, or leave the exchange name
unspecified. This exchange is automatically created by the broker and every
queue created is automatically bound to it using the queue name as the routing key.

You  won't need to declare any exchanges or do any binding.
Simply create the queues and then send your messages to the exchange "" with the
routing key == queue name.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org