qpid-users mailing list archives

From RickW <rick....@in-deptheng.com>
Subject Time-To-Live
Date Wed, 14 Oct 2009 13:14:21 GMT

I have a QPID application that sends messages to several listener
applications. I noticed if there are no listeners running, qpidd's memory
usage grows continually. Running qpidd-tool I see the messages are being
queued indefinitely. So I set the time-to-live DeliveryProperty of the
messages thinking the messages would be deleted after a while. But qpidd
still grows and the messages are not deleted.

To use TTL do I only need to set the message's DeliveryProperty, or is there
more to it? Are there situations where TTL is ignored?

Thanks in advance, RickW

Details:
- qpidc-0.5
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.2
- Receiving messages using local queues
- Aynchronous message sending (I tried synchronous though)
- amq.direct exchange
- max queue size set to UNLIMITED
- REJECT flow control policy
- byte/messageCredit=UNLIMITED
- acquireMode=PRE-ACQUIRE, acceptMode=NONE, completionMode=ON_DELIVERY
- windowMode, auto_ack