qpid-users mailing list archives

From JAkub Scholz <scho...@scholzj.com>
Subject JMS, ACL and connecting to existing exchange/queue
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2009 18:38:59 GMT
Hi,

I have a qpid broker with all exchanges and queues predefined and with ACL
limiting users only to publish messages to specific exchanges and consume
messages from specific queues.

Now I want to write a small client application written in Java using JMS
which should connect to a exchange/queue specified in properties file and
sent/retrieve messages. Unfortunately, although the exchanges and queues I
want to connect to are already created, my client app always fails with
exception "not-allowed: ACL denied exhange declare request ...". According
to the broker log, the application wants to create a new exchange instead of
connect to existing exchange. If I turn off the ACL or give create
permissions for the exchange/queue to the user I'm connecting with
everything is working fine.

The same problem appears also with the example JMS applications provided
with qpid.

Is there any possibility to connect to existing exchanges/queues with JMS
without trying to create the destinations?

Thanks for any kind of help

Regards
JAkub