qpid-users mailing list archives

From Robert Godfrey <rob.j.godf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: can't config a fanout exchange
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2009 21:39:16 GMT
2009/9/29 mARK bLOORE <mbloore@gmail.com>

> With this in my virtualhosts.xml file
>            <exchanges>
>                <exchange>
>                    <type>fanout</type>
>                    <name>test-exchange</name>
>                    <durable>true</durable>
>                </exchange>
>            <.exchanges>
>
> When I try to declare test-exchange to be fanout I get
>
> 'Attempt to redeclare exchange: test-exchange of type direct to
> fanout. [error code 530: not allowed]'
>
> Without that config things work fine, but the exchange does not exist
> at startup.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

The error code indicates that you are trying to declare the exchange as a
"direct" exchange within your application, while in the configuration you
are declaring it as type "fanout" - the server will not let you change the
type of an existing exchange.  You need to make sure that when you declare
the exchange you pass in the correct type... Which client are you using
(Python/Java etc)?

Hope this helps,
Rob