qpid-users mailing list archives

From Aidan Skinner <aidan.skin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How can I disable the trace printing of Qpid?
Date Wed, 09 Sep 2009 08:55:38 GMT
On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 4:21 PM, Jonathan Robie<jonathan.robie@redhat.com> wrote:

> Isn't the Java client's output determined by the log4j file (log4j.xml)?

Not really, no. Except, maybe. Kinda. The client uses SLF4J, which can
use log4j which could use java/broker/etc/log4j.xml (but doesn't
unless you've deliberately done this).

See http://www.slf4j.org/docs.html for more details, particularly
http://www.slf4j.org/manual.html#binding

The unit tests do use slf4j-log4j and then set log4j system properties
to control the log level.

> If it's still the way it used to be, you can change the level in the logger
> to trace, debug, info, warn, error or fatal:
>
> <logger name="org.apache">
>       <level value="warn"/>
> </logger>

I'd probably go for org.apache.qpid here.

- Aidan

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org