qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Wes Parish" <Wes.Par...@cowtownt.org>
Subject RE: Running the C++ Broker as a daemon process
Date Tue, 01 Sep 2009 17:32:58 GMT
I am not sure if Qpid natively supports being installed as a service, but if it doesn't there
is another option.

You can create a Windows service using SRVANY.exe from the Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit.
 Basically, you run the SRVANY.exe application and it installs the service to your registry
(and in the Services snap-in), then you can add parameters directly to your registry.  This
is a very useful tool, and can be used for almost any application.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/137890

Wes

-----Original Message-----
From: Rodrigues, Marc [mailto:MRodrigues@ballytech.com]
Sent: Tue 9/1/2009 9:33 AM
To: users@qpid.apache.org
Subject: Running the C++ Broker as a daemon process

Hello All,

I installed QPid 0.5 on Windows XP PRO SP3 machine (qpidc-0.5.msi | QPid C++ Broker 0.5) for
test purpose.

It works fine but how can I run it as a daemon ( Windows service).

I tried the option --daemon  to run the broker as daemon process without success.
I don't see any more daemon option --help, is it still available.

How can install it as a deamon under Windows XP Pro or Windows Server 2003 ?

Thanks

http://qpid.apache.org/rasc.html <http://qpid.apache.org/rasc.html>