qpid-users mailing list archives

From Luiz Cordeiro <Luiz.Corde...@corp.terra.com.br>
Subject RES: How to properly implement a 1-to-N pattern
Date Wed, 02 Sep 2009 21:43:55 GMT
Thanks for the answers, they were precise and fast.

We're considering using QPid in a corporate project but there're a couple of points I would
like to make clearer:

- Is there a way to specify a list of brokers for the C++ client lib and have the traffic
automatically distributed among them? Such that, should one of them go down, the client lib
would automatically redistribute the load for the remaining brokers? In other words, is the
C++ client lib capable of load balancing and unavailability detection? I've read about the
possibility to set a keepalive on the socket, and that the Connection would be cut in the
occurrence of 2 failures in the heartbeat process, but that was all that I could find about
it on the project's Docs.

- Are there SNMP consumers for QPid's event queue, such that we could monitor QPid by integrating
it with our Nagios infrastructure?

Thanks,
Acácio.

-----Mensagem original-----
De: Ted Ross [mailto:tross@redhat.com]
Enviada em: quarta-feira, 2 de setembro de 2009 11:56
Para: users@qpid.apache.org
Assunto: Re: How to properly implement a 1-to-N pattern

acacio.centeno@terra.com.br wrote:

>     *
>     *
>     *
>
> 	Hi,
> 	                By what I’ve read on the AMQP specification,
> should I have N consumers to a queue, for each message posted to it,
> one of the consumers is going to be activated in round-robin. The
> spec call this a store-and-forward-queue (section 2.1.1). What If I
> want to have all the consumers alerted about each message posted?
> 	                I figured that I could manage to have each of them
> creating a queue and binding it to a fanout Exchange. Then, for each
> message posted to the Exchange, all the queues would get their copies
> and thus all the consumers would be alerted about it.
> 	                So, is this the right way to implement the scenario
> of having a producer activating N consumers or is there another type
> of exchange/queue that would give me this functionality?
> 	Thanks in advance,
>
> 	Acácio
>    BODY { font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px; }

Yes, that is correct.  If multiple consumers are to receive the same
messages, each consumer should have its own queue for a copy of the message.

Note that this is still efficient since the broker only keeps one copy
of the message in memory and places references on the queues.

Regards,

-Ted

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org