qpid-users mailing list archives

From Rob Springer <rsprin...@etinternational.com>
Subject Federation & message reliability
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2009 16:55:45 GMT
All - we are considering using federation to ease
some of the load on our broker, but before starting that work, we had a
few questions about how message reliability intersects with federation.
  We lean heavily on ACCEPT_MODE_EXPLICIT to ensure reliability in case
of a fault in our applications, and so losing reliability in favor of
scalability isn't a win for us.  So...our questions:
  - Does using federated exchanges change the semantics of message
transfer (if the link and any relevant queues are durable, etc.)?
  - In case of Qpid termination, will the BDB store recover in a
federated environment just as in a non-federated one?

In general, I suppose our questions can be summed up as "Do the steps or
techniques required for reliable (and acknowledged) message transfer
change in any way when using federation?"

Thanks, everyone!
-Rob

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org