qpid-users mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Broker (qpidd) footprint
Date Fri, 11 Sep 2009 20:40:06 GMT
William Henry wrote:
> Has anyone done any broker memory footprint sizing exercises?
>
> I've done a very adhoc and limited investigation. I see that a default qpidd without
any plugins seems to use 5Mb of memory (5072Kb). As I added some queues and exchanges I saw
8Kb increases. Sometimes it didn't seem linear. E.g. is appears that adding exchanges will
only see the 8K increase every 2 exchanges.

> (Test done on 64bit Fedora 11 on a Lenova Thinkpad T61)
>
> Is this is line with other peoples findings?
>
> I haven't done anything with plugins yet but I'd be interested in some feedback or if
anyone has developed a script for testing footprint scalability.

yea, that is because of the way Linux grabs memory pages, and it does
not run mem consolidate until it needs to

Carl.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org