qpid-users mailing list archives

From Bill Whiting <tex...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: browse queue
Date Wed, 09 Sep 2009 17:12:29 GMT
On 09/09/2009 12:50 PM, Carl Trieloff wrote:
> Gordon Sim wrote:
>> On 09/09/2009 04:59 PM, Bill Whiting wrote:
>>> Thanks, I'm able to browse messages non-destructively and I can
>>> acquire/accept an individual message and remove it from the queue;
>>> however, qpid-stat -q shows the same number of messages.
>>>
>>> Is this a bug in qpid-stat or are those messages waiting for some
>>> timeout before they become available again?
>>
>> Acquired and accepted messages should be dequeued when the broker
>> gets the accept and would then be reflected in the dequeued count
>> shown by qpid-stat.
>
> note that stats get updated on mgnt interval for tools that subscribe
> to this info like qpid-tool.
>
> Carl.

> Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Increases to queue depth show immediately, decreases in queue depth are
not showing at all.
If I use qpid-tool -> show connection
It showed the connection for qpid-tool, and the last connection of my
test application for several seconds (60+), but now only the current
connection shows, however, queue depth has not decreased.

I'll clean up the code and post it.

//Bill

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org