qpid-users mailing list archives

From William Henry <whe...@redhat.com>
Subject Broker (qpidd) footprint
Date Fri, 11 Sep 2009 20:35:17 GMT
Has anyone done any broker memory footprint sizing exercises?

I've done a very adhoc and limited investigation. I see that a default qpidd without any plugins
seems to use 5Mb of memory (5072Kb). As I added some queues and exchanges I saw 8Kb increases.
Sometimes it didn't seem linear. E.g. is appears that adding exchanges will only see the 8K
increase every 2 exchanges.

(Test done on 64bit Fedora 11 on a Lenova Thinkpad T61)

Is this is line with other peoples findings?

I haven't done anything with plugins yet but I'd be interested in some feedback or if anyone
has developed a script for testing footprint scalability.

Best,
William

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org