qpid-users mailing list archives

From falconair <shahb...@gmail.com>
Subject how to install qpid-route and other python utils
Date Thu, 17 Sep 2009 20:27:21 GMT

I just downloaded http://www.apache.org/dist/qpid/0.5/qpid-0.5.tar.gz.  After
uncompressing it, I 'cd' to the cpp folder and did "configure" then "make"
then "make install."

Now I have a directory with a qpid installation, I can start it and it does
so without errors.  However, I don't see qpid-route anywhere (I need to link
two instances of qpid together--on two different continents).

In the uncompressed folder, there are python, ruby, java, etc. directories,
but I'm not clear on how to install management utilities along with the c++
server.  In the installation directory, in the bin folder, there is qmf-gen,
but I don't know what it is and when I run it, I get the following error:

python qmf-gen
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "qmf-gen", line 23, in <module>
    from qmfgen.schema   import SchemaPackage, SchemaClass
ImportError: No module named qmfgen.schema

Although I'm n Fedora, I'd like to avoid using yum, since I also need to
install the same software on ubuntu and red hat machines.

Incidently, I did find qpid-route in the python subdirectory of the
uncompressed directory (not the installation directory), when I try to run
qpid-route in there, I get the following error:

>cd /tmp/qpid-0.5/python/commands
>python qpid-route

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "qpid-route", line 27, in <module>
    from qmf.console import Session, BrokerURL
ImportError: No module named qmf.console

(the server is already running when I run this utility)

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks!