qpid-users mailing list archives

From Aidan Skinner <aidan.skin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: C++ client won't connect to Java broker
Date Thu, 20 Aug 2009 14:54:28 GMT
On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 3:40 PM, Rich
Stephens<rstephens@sumglobaltech.com> wrote:

> The same java server has no problem acception messages via JMS from Java,
> but whenever I try to connect to it from the C++ client using a URL, I get
> the following exception thrown from connection->open(URL):

This is, sadly, Just Not Going To Work. The M2.1 C++ client was the
last version that spoke AMQP 0-9, C++ clients from M3 onwards (M3, M4,
0.5) only speak 0-10. The Java client in M3 onwards speaks AMQP 0-8,
0-9 and 0-10, but the java broker currently only speaks 0-8 and 0-9.

There's a table at http://qpid.apache.org/download.html which explains
the situation a little more clearly.

- Aidan

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org