qpid-users mailing list archives

From Cullen Davis <cullen.da...@commitent.com>
Subject RE: SSL with C++ client returns "Unknown protocol: ssl"
Date Tue, 25 Aug 2009 15:52:57 GMT
Gordon

1) The make is now running to completion ( if QPID_LOAD_MODULE is defined as a relative path,
the cpp/docs/man build fails when the "qpidd --help"invocation does not find the ./src/.libs/sslconnector.so
plugin)
2) Thank you for the clarification, I now understand what you meant by "standard location"
3) My comment about pertest was inaccurate.

The good news is that when I follow the steps in the ssl_test script, I do get the ssl plugin
to load.  I am going to use that as a basis for getting my client off the ground.

Thanks again for your help and patience!

Cullen J. Davis
CommIT Enterprises, Inc.

From: Gordon Sim [gsim@redhat.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 11:13 AM
To: users@qpid.apache.org
Subject: Re: SSL with C++ client returns "Unknown protocol: ssl"

Cullen Davis wrote:
> Gordon,
>
> I do not have the qpidc package installed.  I set and exported QPID_NO_MODULE_DIR=true.
 (I also tried QPID_NO_MODULE_DIR=1)   I still get the "Unknown protocol: ssl (qpid/client/Connector.cpp:66)"
error.

Does make check pass? In particular does the ssl_test run and does it fail?

> In an earlier post, you stated that the sslconnector.so plugin should be specified in
the QPID_LOAD_MODULE variable  "...or have the ssl client plugin in the standard location
for clients".   Can you elaborate on the standard location comment (in particular for a Fedora
10 installation)?

The default is /usr/local/lib/qpid/client/ (though it can be changed at
compile time). A make install should put the library there.

> I thought that perftest could be used to test my SSL implementation, but that code seems
to be out of the build.  Thank you for your assistance.

Yes, perftest can test ssl (with the --protocol option). When you say
its out of the build you mean its not in the 0.5 distribution?

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org