qpid-users mailing list archives

From Cullen Davis <cullen.da...@commitent.com>
Subject RE: SSL with C++ client returns "Unknown protocol: ssl"
Date Tue, 25 Aug 2009 14:59:31 GMT
Gordon,

I do not have the qpidc package installed.  I set and exported QPID_NO_MODULE_DIR=true.  (I
also tried QPID_NO_MODULE_DIR=1)   I still get the "Unknown protocol: ssl (qpid/client/Connector.cpp:66)"
error.

In an earlier post, you stated that the sslconnector.so plugin should be specified in the
QPID_LOAD_MODULE variable  "...or have the ssl client plugin in the standard location for
clients".   Can you elaborate on the standard location comment (in particular for a Fedora
10 installation)?

I thought that perftest could be used to test my SSL implementation, but that code seems to
be out of the build.  Thank you for your assistance.

Cullen J. Davis
CommIT Enterprises, Inc.

From: Gordon Sim [gsim@redhat.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 3:47 AM
To: users@qpid.apache.org
Subject: Re: SSL with C++ client returns "Unknown protocol: ssl"

Cullen Davis wrote:
> I have not been able to get the SSL client connector to be loaded for the direct examples.
>
> Per Gordon's instructions, I modified the  direct/declare_queues.cpp example to add use
a ConnectionSetting object when opening a Connection.  I set the ConnectionSetting.protocol
property to "ssl".

> 1) I start broker as detailed in step 1 of previous post.
> 2) I set and export QPID_SSL_CERT_DB
> 3) I set and export QPID_LOAD_MODULE (set ..../src/.libs/sslconnector.so - I used a fully
qualified path)
> 4) I Execute the c++ example from the direct use cases:
>     $ examples/declare_queues 127.0.0.1 5671 ssl
>    The program errors with "Unknown protocol: ssl (qpid/client/Connector.cpp:66)"
>
> Obviously I am not getting the client to run with the SSL connector .  I thought setting
the QPID_LOAD_MODULE would make that happen.  Any thoughts as to why I am not getting the
sslconnector.so library to load?  I am running all tests on a straight install of Fedora 10
with the latest (807298) trunk code.

Do you have the qpidc rpm installed as well (rpm -qv qpidc)? If so
perhaps exporting QPID_NO_MODULE_DIR=true might help(?).

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org