qpid-users mailing list archives

From Jason Jones <jason-jo...@verizon.net>
Subject Processing then acknowledging message from broker.
Date Mon, 31 Aug 2009 16:33:08 GMT
Hello,

I am interested in writing a message consumer that cannot tolerate
message loss. In the event that the message consumer crashes while
processing a message I want the consumer to be able to restart and
process the same message that it was working on when it crashed. I am
assuming that it is possible to receive a message, while leaving on the
broker, then process it, and then acknowledge to the broker that the
message was processed thus removing it from the queue. Can someone
explain and provide an example of how to receive a message from the
broker, then process the message, and then acknowledge the message?  If
it doesn't work this way can you explain to me then how to implement
this functionality?

Thanks,
Jason Jones

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org