qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: C++ client won't connect to Java broker
Date Fri, 21 Aug 2009 09:49:44 GMT
Rich Stephens wrote:
> Thanks for the quick reply.
>
> It seems I have made some rather silly errors in my client code:
>
> 1) I was assigning the newSession to a local session variable instead of my
> class member (unintentionally)
> 2) I didn't realize that the "url" argument to open->(URL) was an actual
> qpid Url class rather than a URL string.  Should pay closer attention to the
> header files...
>
> That said, I would have never had a clue as to the 0.10 URL format without
> your tip.

Yes, we need to make that clear in the API reference docs at the very
least.

> I have been looking around for some documentation on that format,
> but I haven't found any on the web as of yet -- some proposals, but nothing
> solid.  Could you possibly point me where I could find decisive
> documentation on the 0.10 url format beyond just "amqp:tcp:host:port"?

The 0-10 specification[1] defines the format ('connection.amqp-host-url'
chapter 9, page 113) as:

         amqp_url          = "amqp:" prot_addr_list
         prot_addr_list    = [prot_addr ","]* prot_addr
         prot_addr         = tcp_prot_addr | tls_prot_addr

         tcp_prot_addr     = tcp_id tcp_addr
         tcp_id            = "tcp:" | ""
         tcp_addr          = [host [":" port] ]
         host              = <as per http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3986.txt>