qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: C++ client won't connect to Java broker
Date Thu, 20 Aug 2009 17:50:05 GMT
Rich Stephens wrote:
> Alright, so I'm now using the C++ qpid broker with the C++ client libs.  I'm
> using the code almost exactly as it is in the example on the main tab of the
> api doc.
>
> However, I still get the same error when I try to use the
> connection.open(URL) form of the method:
>
> Cannot resolve <whatever variation of the URL I try to use> : Name or
> service not known (qpid/sys/posix/Socket.cpp: 157).

The url you had in your first mail was using the java brokers syntax.
The qpid::Url class in the c++ client uses the url format defined for
amqp 0-10 (e.g. amqp:tcp:localhost:5672)

> I can, however, connect using the connection.open(host,port) method.
>
> That said, everything appears to go OK up until this point:
>
> session.MessageTransfer(arg::content=message,
> arg::destination="amq.direct"):
>
> The program blows up with a SIGABRT with the following error:
>
> /usr/include/boost/shared_ptr.hpp:315: T* boost::shared_ptr<T>::operator->()
> const [with T = qpid::client::SessionImpl]: Assertion 'px != 0' failed.
>
> Any ideas?

Looks like the session pointer is not valid. Did you assign to the
session variable the result of connection.newSession()?

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org