qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: get message by correlationId
Date Sat, 15 Aug 2009 09:58:18 GMT
Robert Greig wrote:
>> As I say selectors are 'coming soon', there is a patch for XSLT based
>> selectors attached to QPID-530[1] if you are interested in previewing that.
>
> Out of curiosity, why XSLT? Is it to handle message body selection as
> well as the more traditional headers?

My apologies first of all, it's not XSLT, its XQuery. The XML exchange
plugin already had logic for matching messages using an xquery and the
initial patch for selectors just re-used that. (Instead of having to
develop a parser and evaluator for some other syntax, though I suspect
that will also be added at some point).

It can select on bodies as well, yes.

> How fast is it?

Not sure to be honest. I haven't had the time to try out the patch,
though I believe some others have.

> Selectors by correlationid is a very common case - e.g. although IBM
> MQ 6 JMS selector support is on the client in general (and therefore
> pretty useless) it does it on the broker for correlationid. A good
> number of proportion of people migrating from MQ would need this
> feature and for it to be fast.

Thats very useful information. Special cases like this may well be worth
optimising.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org