qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Maximum Transfer Rates
Date Thu, 13 Aug 2009 09:01:13 GMT
Wes Parish wrote:
> Hello,
>
> It seems like we are unable to pass the 30-40 MB/s rates (over a 1Gbit link) using the
Qpid.  We have tried multiple configurations (current qpidd.conf pasted below), but have not
had any luck.  Has anyone successfully seen ~100MB/s on a 1Gbit link?

How are you testing this? I.e. what test, message sizes etc?

Using perftest, one of the standard qpidd tests, with default settings
and between untuned boxes.

Perftest itself reported just over 140 Mbytes/sec, that is a total of
messages in and out of the broker however, and corresponded to around
pub and sub rates of just over 70k msgs/sec with 1k messages. This is
with one publisher and one subscriber.

For smaller messages the messages rates go up a little, but the byte
rate drops.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org