qpid-users mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: 0.5 C++ example listener hangs during testing
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2009 19:16:41 GMT
lroloson wrote:
> I have tried the client on linux, with the same results. All of the messages
> are delivered - but they are out of order if the connection is broken. My
> application requires delivery in chronological order - and when the
> connection is intact all of the messages are delivered in order. When the
> connection is broken, and then reestablished, the messages are out of order.
>
> Am I missing something in the broker configuration? Is there a way to reject
> the messages that are out of order?

To understand,

- you have 1 consumer, it is consuming messages, but not all the
messages are acknowledged.
- you kill the consumer, which will requeue the messages to the broker
that are not acknowledged.
- you then consume with a new consumer and they are out of order ? ---
This should not be happening.

Do I understand the case correctly?

If you just want to drop the messages, and not requeue them then set
acquire-mode to pre-acquire, and
don't worry about the acks.

Carl.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org