qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Leglise Yann" <ylegl...@sopragroup.com>
Subject Mixing up AMQP QPID and JMS
Date Wed, 19 Aug 2009 12:16:35 GMT
Hello,

I had sent a previous mail in the beginning of July concerning an AMQP version problem between
client and broker.
It is OK for this point, but now I am realizing that the things are still not so clear for
me.
Here are some assertions I believe as being true (please tell me if I am wrong):

*	AMQP is mainly inspired by JMS, and specifiy an implentation independent protocol for queue
messaging,
*	QPID is an implementation of AMQP available for several languages (i.e. C++, java, python
...),
*	It is possible to write a QPID java client using JMS objects only (i.e. writing a java program
with not a single org.apache.qpid.* import, even if the qpid jars are necessary for execution
at least for the JNDI initialization that refer to org.apache.qpid.jndi.PropertiesFileInitialContextFactory),
*	QPID java examples make use, in majority, of JMS,
*	For QPID java example that does not make use of JMS (amqpexample package), the client and
the broker must use the same AMQP version (I mean, if the broker does not handle the AMQP
version used by the client, no communciation can take place),

So here are my questions:

1.	What is the links between QPID and JMS (How is it that using only JMS objects, QPID libraries
are used)?
2.	Is the AMQP version negociation allowed by JMS and not by QPID?

I really thank you in advance for your answers.

Best regards,

Yann LEGLISE
Agence STIE - Division Midi-Pyrénées
Sopra group.
1 Avenue André Marie Ampère
BP 10134 - 31772 Colomiers Cedex
(Bureau 1C16)
Phone : +33 (0)5 34 56 71 07
yleglise@sopragroup.com - www.sopragroup.com <http://www.sopragroup.com/>
Ce message peut contenir des informations confidentielles dont la divulgation est à ce titre
rigoureusement interdite en l'absence d'autorisation explicite de l'émetteur. Dans l'hypothèse
où vous auriez reçu par erreur ce message, merci de le renvoyer à l'émetteur et de détruire
toute copie.

P Pensez à l'environnement avant d'imprimer.