qpid-users mailing list archives

From Robert Greig <robert.j.gr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mixing up AMQP QPID and JMS
Date Wed, 19 Aug 2009 18:13:11 GMT
2009/8/19 Leglise Yann <yleglise@sopragroup.com>:

> 2) If it is, are both implementations equivalent and compliant with AMQP the same way?
I am asking because using JMS, when you create a Consumer on a queue that is not declared
as an administered object, this queue is created in the broker.

This isn't generally the case, it is dependent on the message broker
you are using. Nearly all brokers will have permissions to limit which
clients can create queues.

> I believe this a a normal JMS behaviour, but I have read somewhere that in AMQP, queues
must be explicitly declared, what I understood by "if queues are not explicitly declared,
they cannot be used".

This is likely referring to the underlying protocol. Higher level APIs
such as JMS are designed to shield the developer from the low level
details.

Are you trying to write an application that requires queues be created
dynamically at run-time by a client?

Robert

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org