qpid-users mailing list archives

From Rich Stephens <rsteph...@sumglobaltech.com>
Subject C++ client won't connect to Java broker
Date Thu, 20 Aug 2009 14:40:28 GMT

Using the latest release qpid java broker and C++ client code,
Compiled/running on Ubuntu.

The same java server has no problem acception messages via JMS from Java,
but whenever I try to connect to it from the C++ client using a URL, I get
the following exception thrown from connection->open(URL):

Cannot resolve amqp://guest:guest@/test?brokerlist='tcp://localhost:5672' :
Name or service not known (qpid/sys/posix/Socket.cpp: 157).

It appears that for some reason the OS cannot resolve the URL.  I have tried
many variations on the URL with the same results.

I can ping localhost, and I can telnet to localhost:5672 and see that the
server responds.

I have also tried using the connection->open(host,port) variation using
("localhost", 5672) as the args.  When I do that, the ->open() call simply
hangs my client program and never returns.

Is there something I am doing wrong configuration-wise?  In the URL?  Or is
there something I need to do in the OS so that the URL will be properly
recognized?

I had this EXACT same problem with the same code compiled IN MSVC on windows
(although the error message was slightly different, it was essentially the
same error, with the same behavior).

Any insights would be appreciated.  I have been struggling with this for a
week.

Thanks,
Rich Stpehens