qpid-users mailing list archives

From lroloson <lrolo...@trmi.com>
Subject Re: 0.5 C++ example listener hangs during testing
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2009 15:12:11 GMT

Carl,

I tried you experiment this AM, and basically - if I unplug the cable on the
linux end, and kill the listener on the other end (today I was using a linux
listener on a separate machine), it works fine. When I plug the cable back
in (a couple minutes later) & restart the listener, all the messages come in
order.

I repeated the same test without restarting the listener - I let it get in a
loop where it tries to reconnect when the connection is broken. The
connection is reestablished shortly after I plug the cable back in, and the
messages are received out of order (same as before). Additionally - some of
the messages do not get sent, I have to restart the client to get the
missing messages ... they are all delivered, but it takes a reconnect and a
restart to get them.

I have copies of my clients log, showing the messages with time stamps and
sequence numbers, I also have copies of the qpidd.log (I started a new one
prior to each test). There are 4 logs in a file located here
http://files.me.com/lroloson/mkkv3w (that link should point to a file called
BrokerOrder.tgz). Please let me know if you have problems getting the logs.

thanks - Larry