qpid-users mailing list archives

From lroloson <lrolo...@trmi.com>
Subject Re: 0.5 C++ example listener hangs during testing
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2009 20:03:52 GMT

Carl,

I have the 0.5 broker and direct_producer running on Linux, and a slightly
modified 0.5 direct_listener running on windows. When the connection is
established, I receive all of the messages, in order from the Linux broker.
Everything appears to be fine.

I am now testing some fault recovery scenarios, such as a broken ethernet
connection between the linux broker and the windows consumer. When I
intentionally disconnect the cable from the linux machine, the producer
continues, the messages and the queue are persistent, all of the messages
are saved. The windows producer detects the broken connection and retries to
establish the connection (I modified direct_listener to do that). When I
plug the cable back in, the client reconnects, and the messages are
delivered again, albeit out of order. (see my previous posts in this
thread).

I am looking for a way to get the broker to send the messages in order, when
the connection is reestablished.