qpid-users mailing list archives

From Sandy Pratt <prat...@adobe.com>
Subject RE: Journal Full Error
Date Fri, 24 Jul 2009 18:31:34 GMT
Thanks for the answers, Gordon.  Comments inline, if Outlook cooperates.

[Sandy Pratt]
I was hoping that regardless of whether I could write to the queue, I would still be able
to start the broker and read them, or get them out somehow -- because having committed the
messages to the broker, that might well be their sole home.  If I can't get them out, then
I've lost them.  Is there a procedure for extracting messages from a full journal?

[Sandy Pratt] snip...

> > I can sort of understand this, although it means flow-to-disk is not
> functioning for my queue, I suppose.
>
> As above, the persistent messages would always be written to the
> journal
> and it has a fixed size.
>
> The 'flow-to-disk' policy is probably confusingly named and
> inadequately
> described. It really just releases the message content from memory when
> a queue hits a particular limit; where those messages are durable
> anyway
>   nothing else is done. If however the messages are transient they are
> stored elsewhere and can then be reloaded for delivery.

[Sandy Pratt] Understood, thank you.  Flow-to-disk is a property of non-persistent messages/queues,
not persistent ones.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org