qpid-users mailing list archives

From Nithesh Shetty <knitheshshe...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Acquire Mode
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2009 12:27:34 GMT
Hi ,

I think i should rephrase my statement.

Is there any way to browse a queue for message ( after getting the message i will process
the message ) and then delete the message.

regards,
Nithesh

--- On Wed, 7/8/09, Gordon Sim <gsim@redhat.com> wrote:

From: Gordon Sim <gsim@redhat.com>
Subject: Re: Acquire Mode
To: users@qpid.apache.org
Date: Wednesday, July 8, 2009, 12:24 PM

Nithesh Shetty wrote:
> Hi,
>   I there any way to change the acquiremode of a localqueue after subscribing the
queue to subscriptionManager . I mean SubscriptionSettings settings;
> settings.acquiremode = ACQUIRE_MODE_PRE_ACQUIRE.
> LocalQueue local_queue;
> then u call subscribe(local_queue, queuename, settings);
>  now if i want to change settings i mean change the acquiremode to ACQUIRE_MODE_NOT_ACQUIRED
then do i need to  call subscribe function again with the change in settings to NOT_ACQUIRED.

Yes, you would. You are creating a new subscription. Note that if you are finished with the
first subscription (in ACQUIRE_MODE_PRE_ACQUIRE), you should cancel that.

[Perhaps also worth pointing out that in PRE_ACQUIRE mode you can release messages if you
don't want them (this won't stop them being redelivered however). And in NOT_ACQUIRED mode
you can try to acquire received messages.]

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org