qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject c++ messaging api: a map message example
Date Fri, 31 Jul 2009 17:10:47 GMT
Attached is a patch for a higher level, protocol independent messaging
api from c++ as last discussed some months ago. I have not had much time
to spend on this since then and so there is not a huge amount of change
(mainly moving to a better namespace and adjusting for the revised
include directory layout).

There is however now an example of a sending a map message using the
amqp0-10 encoding (list messages are also supported) and the message
headers are now correctly sent. Jonathan previously requested support
for the stream operator and I've had a tentative stab at exploring what
that might look like as well.

As always keen to get any feedback. I'm hoping to have more time to
spend on this for the next few weeks. I'm aiming to align the c++ api
with the similar work on python (at least conceptually) and to flesh out
the functionality (determining how best to expose asynchronous
completion of sends and acknowledgements will be a likely next step).

--Gordon.