qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: 0.5 C++ example listener hangs during testing
Date Thu, 30 Jul 2009 15:24:30 GMT
Wes Parish wrote:
> I have seen similar problems (although no out of order messages so
> far).  I am testing on RHEL5.3 using the C++ API with a
> MessageReplayTracker to handle failover, and after a failover I am
> calling replay().
>
> This scenario is a consumer consuming as fast as possible, a producer
> producing 5k messages per second and a "service qpidd stop" on a the
> broker that both the producer and consumer are connected to.  Both
> clients seem to fail over very quickly to the other broker in the
> cluster, although the consumer is receiving duplicate messages.
> There is a snippet from the sequence number log below.  Is this
> expected?

Yes, there are two sources of possible duplication at present. One is
from the publisher to the broker as it replays any in-doubt messages;
the other is from the broker to the consumer as the broker will requeue
and redeliver any unacknowledged messages when the clients session
ends/dies.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org