qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Journal Full Error
Date Mon, 27 Jul 2009 07:34:47 GMT
Kim van der Riet wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-07-24 at 20:31 +0100, Gordon Sim wrote:
>> By 'expected' do you mean this is the expected symptom of a bug that
>> fails to prevent the store getting 'too full'?
> No, I mean that the journal fails to start when the recovered journal is
> full. A full check has been written into the recover sequence; if a
> recovered journal is full, the recovery is terminated with an error.
>
> ie JERR_JCNTL_RECOVERJFULL on recovery is expected for a full journal.

If it is an error to recover then the journal should prevent that
condition arising in the first place; so I would consider this a symptom
of the bug that allows the journal to get into a irrecoverable state.
For any expected condition on recovery we need to define a process for
retrieving the data.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org