qpid-users mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Journal Full Error
Date Fri, 24 Jul 2009 19:28:30 GMT
Kim van der Riet wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-07-24 at 15:13 -0400, Kim van der Riet wrote:
>
>>> 2) I thought the flow-to-disk policy would result in excess messages
>>>
>> being accepted into a slower interim storage, not being rejected or
>> causing the broker to crash.
>> This is incorrect. However, staged messages (ie messages that exceed a
>> broker per-message size threshold) are stored outside the journal in
>> BDB.
>>

> I take this back; Gordon is correct. Transient messages are in fact
> stored in BDB.

Sorry to banter on the user list.
- Message where the size is larger than  --default-queue-limit BYTES
(104857600) go to non journal storage
- All other messages, transient or durable if flow_to_disk go to the
Journal. (just checked the code on this point)

However none of this explains why Sandy got to Journal full... think we
need a reproducer to answer that.
Carl.