qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Journal Full Error
Date Fri, 24 Jul 2009 18:56:56 GMT
Sandy Pratt wrote:
> I was hoping that regardless of whether I could write to the queue, I
> would still be able to start the broker and read them, or get them
> out somehow -- because having committed the messages to the broker,
> that might well be their sole home.  If I can't get them out, then
> I've lost them.

Ok, I understand. Not being able to recover is certainly a bug. Could
you tar up your data directory and attach it to a Jira; it should then
be possible to easily reproduce the issue and figure out a fix.

>  Is there a procedure for extracting messages from a
> full journal?

As you mentioned in your email, the 80% limit that is enforced is
_supposed_ to prevent the journal from becoming irrecoverably full.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org