qpid-users mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject QMF: Federation routes via Java client
Date Fri, 24 Jul 2009 15:54:12 GMT

This can be done by using the following two methods on QMF. I don't know
the Java QMF side
so I have added QMF to the mail subject, so those that do can pick it up
and provided information on
the state and how to use QMF from Java.

On broker

Method 'connect' Establish a connection to another broker
    Argument       Type          Direction  Unit  Notes  Description
    host           short-string  I
    port           uint32        I
    durable        boolean       I
    authMechanism  short-string  I
    username       short-string  I
    password       short-string  I
    transport      short-string  I

On link

Method 'bridge' Bridge messages over the link
    Argument    Type          Direction  Unit  Notes  Description
    durable     boolean       I
    src         short-string  I
    dest        short-string  I
    key         short-string  I
    tag         short-string  I
    excludes    short-string  I
    srcIsQueue  boolean       I
    srcIsLocal  boolean       I
    dynamic     boolean       I
    sync        uint16        I

Jeffrey Bride wrote:
> Hi,
>   We currently manually create federation routes between queues & topics using the
qpid_route executable.  This works great and we are now researching how these federation routes
could be created dynamically in our java code.  Does the QPid Java client library currently
support the creation of federation routes between C++ brokers ?  Maybe via the QMan management
library somewhere ?